By Ellen Cole,Esther D Rothblum,Anne C Herrmann
- the dating among the feminine physique and the meanings connected to it
- the other ways girls inform their tales approximately tough experiences
- negotiating the connection among getting older and sexual identity
- the body’s response(s) to the lack of organs that form/inform its history
- the connection among physique, id, and disease
A hugely own, but theoretical, method of the adventure of menopause, A Menopausal Memoir explores how alterations within the physique have an effect on your sexual identification, your relationships, and your emotions as a woman.
Read or Download A Menopausal Memoir: Letters from Another Climate (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies) PDF
Best medical biographies & memoirs books
On August nine, 1945, an American B-29 dropped an atomic bomb on Nagasaki, Japan, killing tens of millions of individuals within the blink of an eye fixed, whereas fatally injuring and poisoning millions extra. one of the survivors used to be Takashi Nagai, a pioneer in radiology study and a convert to the Catholic religion. residing within the rubble of the ruined urban and struggling with leukemia because of over-exposure to radiation, Nagai lived out the rest of his outstanding lifestyles through bringing actual and religious therapeutic to his war-weary humans.
A Darkness of Her personal chronicles what occurs while a such a lot joyous occasionthe delivery in their first childgoes horribly mistaken. A riveting own tale and compelling courtroom room drama, it starts off at the day that Ken and Lorraine Zarecor meet for the 1st time. the tale follows them via their courtship, marriage, and beginning in their simply baby, Heatherand the surprising and heartbreaking occasions that undefined.
An 'Odyssey' is defined as any prolonged trip. My existence can most sensible be defined as a sequence of odysseys, starting within the colonial interval, in Jamaica, a tiny island within the Carribean Sea, extending to nice Britain and at the moment settling within the united states. For those trips, my function advanced from that of a nervous, naive child, to an self sufficient younger grownup, an abused spouse, a mom, a nurse, and a divorcee to that of a senior citizen dwelling in Athens, Georgia.
Among 1941 and 1945 as many as 70,000 inmates died on the Bergen-Belsen focus camp in northwestern Germany. the precise quantity seriously is not identified. loads of those deaths have been brought on by malnutrition and ailment, ordinarily typhus, almost immediately sooner than and after liberation. It was once at the present, in April of 1945, that Michael Hargrave replied a realize on the Westminster health facility scientific college for ‘volunteers’.
- So Close to Death Yet So Far Away: A Story Based on Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
- Mein Dämon ist ein Stubenhocker: Aus dem Tagebuch eines Behinderten (German Edition)
- Hour 30: An Uncensored Memoir of a Doctor in Training
- Rebirth: A Leukemia Survivor's Journal of Healing during Chemotherapy, Bone Marrow Transplant, and Recovery
- My Journey Through Fibromyalgia: Rumors, Ravages & The Rescue
- Sound of Mercy: A Paramedic's Story
Additional info for A Menopausal Memoir: Letters from Another Climate (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies)
A Menopausal Memoir: Letters from Another Climate (Haworth Innovations in Feminist Studies) by Ellen Cole,Esther D Rothblum,Anne C Herrmann