By C. Cockburn
Read Online or Download Antimilitarism: Political and Gender Dynamics of Peace Movements PDF
Best war & peace books
Potent peace agreements are hardly entire via idealists. the method of relocating from occasions of entrenched oppression, armed clash, open battle, and mass atrocities towards peace and reconciliation calls for a sequence of small steps and compromises to open the best way for the type of discussion and negotiation that make political balance, the start of democracy, and the guideline of legislations plausible.
The root of this choice of essays is the interpreting of a typical subject from various views. half the publication is dedicated to the comparative learn of religions and the classes are provided by way of faith professors. the opposite part is formed by way of social technology techniques and the seminars are given ordinarily by means of social technology professors.
For 3 a long time post-apartheid, the HIV/AIDS epidemic from first acknowledgement to its administration as a protracted disorder, demanded remarkable cognizance. This was once nowhere extra glaring than in South Africa. This ebook explores how the country answered to its duties to protect and shield (human) protection.
What's “the tradition of peace”? Transcending all barriers and transformations in age, tradition, language, ethnicity or historical past, the tradition of peace is the main common factor that you'll internalize. The booklet of the Voices for the tradition of Peace, vol. three, at the moment is particularly appropriate because the drums of struggle are being sounded now in such a lot of components of the realm.
- International Security and Peacebuilding: Africa, the Middle East, and Europe
- Low Intensity Operations: Subversion, Insurgency and Peacekeeping
- Children of War: Child Soldiers as Victims and Participants in the Sudan Civil War (International Library of African Studies)
- Conflict Prevention and Peace-building in Post-War Societies: Sustaining the Peace (Contemporary Security Studies)
- Aufbruch: Frauen machen sich stark für eine Kultur des Friedens (German Edition)
Additional info for Antimilitarism: Political and Gender Dynamics of Peace Movements
Antimilitarism: Political and Gender Dynamics of Peace Movements by C. Cockburn